The purpose of this workshop is to provide participants with
- Understanding the origins of workplace conflict.
- Understanding of employee/management roles in the Dispute
Resolution System, and
- Understanding of the elements and steps in an interest-based
approach to resolving conflict in the workplace collaboratively.
INTENDED LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the origins of workplace conflict
- Identify the characteristics of conflict
- Recognize different styles of handling conflict
- Understand the interest-based mechanisms in the Dispute
- Understand the different roles in the prevention and resolution
of conflict in the workplace
- Understand some tips for dealing with difficult people
- Understand a process for conflict resolution from an interest
- Understand the stages of a WPC.